Join the team at STN and help to shape what's next.
STN Church has an exciting opportunity for the right person or persons to continue to develop and grow our fabulous Sanctuary Coffee Stop. The Coffee Stop is run by our trading company and serves the needs of the community using the Sanctuary/St Albans Church and those attending activities and events. Check us out online @sanctuarycoffeestop on Instagram (instagram.com/sanctuarycoffeestop). We have an established reputation as a family-friendly venue to either just “drop in” or to attend activities and events. Our existing manager has introduced top quality speciality coffee and refreshments which we want to sustain as he moves on to new challenges.
The missional aims of the Coffee Stop are to offer outrageous hospitality to Sanctuary users and form positive and supportive relationships. To offer opportunities for work experience to a range of people including ex-offenders, asylum seekers and students with special needs. Also to support financially and practically the work of STN Trust in social action.
The Coffee Stop is largely staffed by volunteers who faithfully serve this vision.
We are looking for skills including:
- A collaborative approach to work with the church leadership and support the vision of doing church differently.
- A “hands on” approach from someone who can mentor, coach and work alongside volunteer.
- Recruiting, leading and pastoring our volunteers and work experience placements.
- Knowledge of speciality coffee and barista skills; ability to ensure compliance with food hygiene and safety requirements.
- Financial record keeping.
- Stock ordering and control.
- Ability to positively connect with our customers and suppliers through social media.
If you have an interest in this position either as a full-time role or in sharing it with someone with complementary skills to your own we would love to hear from you for an informal discussion. Please contact Gerry at firstname.lastname@example.org who’ll set up a conversation for you.