Join the team at STN.
Community Projects Manager ...
Part Time: 16hrs per week
We are seeking someone that has a heart for community and is able to build relationships to develop a thriving community hub at the Russell Street Community Centre (RSCC).
In November 2016 St Thomas secured a five year lease from Norwich City Council for the RSCC which is in the heart of the St Barnabas parish. It is an area that has some urban deprivation. Since getting the centre volunteers from the church and community have refurbished and modernised the building. A launch party was held in April 2017, many members of the community attended. Since then the hall has been used for children’s holiday clubs, Spaghetti Club (an after school club with food and craft), a community cafe, and most recently a ‘Sweet Treat’ event (a safe alternative to halloween). The hall has also been used for community meetings and has been hired out for some private bookings.
Is that the RSCC would become a hub for the community. The building will serve from within the heart of the community. It will be a diverse space where members of the community can access a wide rage of outreach and community support opportunities.
We are looking to appoint someone to grow and develop what has got started at RSCC and to fulfill the vision.
Key responsibilities of the role:
- To develop and expand a range of activities and events that can be accessed by the community around the centre which meet the needs of the community.
- To build relationships in the community across the demographic of the area, with an emphasis on working with children & families.
- To build links between St Barnabas Church and the RSCC.
- To raise up volunteers from within the community to run events at the RSCC.
- To manage a safe, well maintained community centre.
- To be able to work with other organisations to develop a program of events.
- To manage a volunteers ensuring safeguarding procedures are in place.
Qualities and skills that are needed for the role:
- To have the ability to work with a wide range of people of different ages.
- To have an understanding of social needs in an urban environment today.
- To have good management and IT skills.
- To have good listening skills.
- To be a caring person.
- To have a satisfactory DBS check.
Please note: There is a genuine occupational requirement that this post is to be fulfilled by a Christian.
What we can offer:
You will be a part of the wider team of St Thomas Norwich that works across the Mitre Benefice. You will have a line manager that will support you and help you in your role.
To apply for this role please send a covering letter including your reasons for applying and your suitability for the post and a CV to email@example.com.
Volunteer Receptionist ...
Days: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursdays from 10am-1pm.
Do you enjoy welcoming and meeting new people? Do have a couple of hours to spare on weekday mornings? If you do, we are looking for people to cover the new STN Reception Area in The Mitre!
Jobs will include:
- Being a ‘friendly face’ and first point of contact in the Reception Area.
- Welcoming people who are arriving for meetings, answering questions and providing information about STN.
- Answering the phone, taking messages and passing them on to the staff team.
- Passing hall keys onto hirers.
- Taking deliveries and post.
- Helping with day-to-day administration tasks.
Even if you are a student and studying, you would be more than welcome to come and ‘man’ the desk whilst you work!
You will have access to the STN wifi and drinks from the Mitre!