We are really excited to be launching our 2016 -17 Intern Programme. STN offers a wide range of exciting Intern opportunities to those who are interested in dedicating a year to serving God. Our Interns will be part of the STN team focusing on sharing the gospel and making disciples across the city of Norwich. We still have spaces in the leadership programme in the areas of sport and worship.
Who we are
STN is a church that has grown dramatically in the last 3 years out of a partnership project with Holy Trinity Brompton. We have planted roots in a variety of communities across Norwich including the renovation of St Albans church on Grove Walk (now Sanctuary Coffee Stop), the Russell Street Estate, the Mitre pub (which we recently acquired and are in the process of renovating), Norwich and Weyland Prisons, MUGAs, schools and colleges across the City. We have various outreach innovations such as The Sports Factory, community engagement through music and art, social media and film. Check out our website for more information.
Who is it for?
Committed Christians who want to give their time to God. If you are interested in developing Christian leadership skills in a specific area of ministry then our Internship programme could be for you. Applications from International Students are welcomed.
The Opportunities for you
- Learn life-long operational and transferable skills.
- Be a part of a friendly, creative, exciting and dynamic team.
- Grow in biblical knowledge and leadership.
- Gain experience of church operations, administration and innovation.
- Receive regular supervision and discipleship from your line manager and mentor.
- Be a part of the structured Intern Programme designed to equip you with leadership experience and knowledge.
- Be challenged in growing your gifts and stepping out in mission.
- Develop lasting friendships, grow in confidence and have fun!
- Attend theological training sessions, conferences and courses including the weekend away and Focus.
Areas for internship 2016/17
Sport: Sport and fitness have never been bigger than they are right now, with around 70% of the UK population engaging in sport and exercise on a weekly basis. This is massive news for the church to get to grips with as there is a huge natural community which the church can reach with the good news of Jesus. In Norwich, The Sports Factory, part of St. Thomas Norwich is launching its new Sports Leadership Training Programme in September 2016. If you love Jesus and are passionate about sport and want to grow in your faith and develop your leadership skills then this could be the internship for you.
Worship: At STN, heartfelt, spirit-led, worship is central to all that we do. We believe that in worship God meets with us and equips us to go back out into the world and share the love of Jesus. The Worship and Production team is rapidly growing, becoming more and more of a close knit community which leads the church family in worship throughout our Sunday services and also at mid-week events. You will have the opportunity to grow in your worship leading, to work alongside established musicians, think creatively and plan and host worship events.
What we expect from our Interns
- You must be willing and able to fully embrace the vision of STN Church.
- Each intern will be allocated a named line manager and a mentor and you will work closely with these people.
- Commit to the Internship Programme from September 2016 to August 2017.
- You will be a team player, searching for new ways to grow both professionally and spiritually.
- You will be able to use your initiative, work independently and be a reliable member of our team.
- You will be willing to have a go! To be energetic and enthusiastic in the face of the day-to-day opportunities that arise to disciple and to share the gospel.
- Be willing to give up to 37 hours each week.
- You will be familiar with STN Safeguarding policy and procedure and embed it in all that you do.
- Your internship will begin with an induction meeting with your line-manager to draw up a written agreement setting out the basis and detail of your internship, including how you will be managed, to whom you are responsible, the area(s) of STN you will serve and to discuss the opportunities for your professional, personal and spiritual growth throughout your time with us.
What does it cost?
Nothing – it’s free!
The Internship is a voluntary position.
We will cover the cost of training and travel (any travel deemed as a necessary part of the Internship can be reimbursed, this does not include travelling to/from your daily Internship activities).
You will need to consider how you will finance your daily living throughout your Intern year.
How to Apply
Please use the form below.
Two referees are required but must not be family members. One from current your church leader (small group/cluster/pastor) and the second should be a character reference e.g. education/work/another church member.
Thank you for your interest in the Internship Programme with STN. We are very committed to our Internship Programme and are looking forward to having time to invest in the interns we will serve with.
If you have not been able to find all the information you require please don’t hesitate to contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org